The Coffee House at University Circle is located in a century old house built in 1907. The building was originally the home of the founder of Central National Bank who endowed it to Case Western Reserve University in the early 1950's. While we do not have an exact lineage of what the building was used for, we have been told that it was a fraternity house for a while as well as the architecture school. In 1991, it became the home of one of the first Arabica's, a Cleveland coffee staple for many years. In 2009, the name changed from University Circle Arabica to The Coffee House at University Circle. The change came about due to some changes in ownership and a continued distancing from the Arabica franchise. Ownership changed one final time in 2011 when the managers, who have been working at The Coffee House for 20 plus years, purchased the business.