As the steward of Greater Cleveland’s travel and tourism industry, we want to help ensure that visitors have a safe and memorable experience in our city. Here are some travel tips to keep in mind during your visit.
Healthy travel practices
- Be aware of the latest health and safety regulations in place at your destination
- Wash hands often
- Stay up to date on vaccinations
- Avoid contact with people who are already sick
- Avoid contact with animals while traveling
- Postpone travel and stay home if feeling sick
- Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Local COVID-19 updates
Destination Cleveland works closely with our partners to monitor the latest developments regarding COVID-19 protocols and Cuyahoga County public health orders.
- Airport: Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) is open, though travelers may encounter limited concessions. The Airport has instituted measures to protect staff and travelers, including increased cleaning and social distancing efforts.
- Public transportation: The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) bus and rail lines are running with full schedules. Please visit com for bus and train schedules.
- Restaurants & bars: Restaurant owners may choose to operate at reduced capacity or under adjusted hours. Please check with each business for opening status, hours and safety measures that may be in place.
- Hotels & accommodations: Local hotels and lodging establishments are open and have implemented enhanced health and safety standards to ensure the wellbeing of guests and staff.
- Venues, attractions & museums: Visitors are encouraged to visit each attraction’s website to learn more about its operational guidelines, including any safety requirements that may be in place or timed-entry ticketing guidelines.
- Events: Destination Cleveland’s event calendar is updated frequently with ongoing and special events. Visitors are encouraged to consult the event or organizer’s website for the most up-to-date information and additional health/safety details.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency while visiting Cleveland, call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room. Cleveland is home to several major healthcare systems, including:
Public health resources:
Downtown Cleveland Alliance’s Clean & Safe Ambassadors patrol throughout Downtown and are available to assist with issues such as flat tires, car lockouts, safety escorts, directions and more. Look for them in blue and gold uniforms or call 216.621.6000 to request assistance between 7 a.m. and midnight, 7 days a week.
Here are some other general safety tips to keep in mind while visiting Cleveland or any other destination:
- Always pay attention, stay alert and be aware of your surroundings.
- Carry your personal items close to your body. Try not to carry more than you can handle.
- When sitting, keep bags and purses in front of you or on your lap, not hung on the back of a chair.
- Walk in well-traveled and well-lit places, especially at night. Plan the safest route to your destination — even if that means taking a longer route.
- Do not take shortcuts through alleys or unfamiliar areas.
- When leaving a meeting or convention, be sure to remove your badge and keep it somewhere secure.
- Shut windows tightly whenever you park, including vent windows.
- Lock the trunk, hatchback and all doors whenever you leave your car unattended. Be sure to secure all valuables in the trunk of your car.
- Report suspicious behavior to DCA Clean & Safe Ambassadors or Cleveland Police Department by calling 216.621.1234.
- Dial 911 in emergencies.
Visitor Concierge Services
The Cleveland Visitors Center at 334 Euclid Ave. is open to welcome and assist travelers and residents. Service is available inside or through a walk-up window on Euclid Ave. The Visitors Center is staffed Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
The CLE Concierge team is also available to answer visitor and resident inquiries by phone (216.875.6680), e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and online chat every day except Sunday.