Cleveland is wild about its award-winning Metroparks system. Winding rivers, a vast (Great) lake, plenty of trails, outdoor adventuring, and beaches within 23,000 acres of green space make "The Emerald Necklace" a huge point of pride in The Land. But the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo? Yeah, that's certainly a crowdpleaser year-round, especially when little ghosts and goblins come to mingle with tigers, elephants and giraffes.
You won't want to miss the Zoo’s annual, daytime Halloween celebration Trick-or-Treat Fest, presented by Citizens.
Spooky Season at the Zoo
Trick-or-Treat Fest runs from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from October 13 - October 29 as a special event run in tandem with general daytime admission at the Zoo. Daytime visitors without Trick-or-Treat Fest tickets will not have access to the event area and activities. Guests with Trick-or-Treat Fest tickets can participate in a variety of activities as part of the experience such as:
- Guests will enjoy a custom made, larger than life animal display constructed from natural materials presented by CrossCountry Mortgage.
- Timed entry to Trick-or-Treat Way, presented by Wayside Furniture, featuring 20 candy stations.
- Meet-and-greets with costumed characters
- Exclusive access to a Monster Mash Dance Party at the Zoo’s Amphitheater presented by CrossCountry Mortgage
- Unlimited rides on the Circle of Wildlife Carousel, courtesy of MetroHealth
- Unlimited rides on the Pumpkin Express courtesy of Serpentini.
- 4-D movie "SCOOB!"
- General Admission sold separately.
How it Works
Make sure to note your scheduled trick-or-treat timeslot for Trick-or-Treat Way in advance so you don’t miss your entry. The earliest entry option into the event is 10:00 a.m. and the last entry timeslot is 2:30 p.m. Access is valid for one trip through the event area. Guests cannot re-enter Trick-or-Treat Way. If you miss your entry, talk to Zoo staff on your arrival and they will get into the soonest available timeslot.
Trick-or-Treaters are encouraged to bring their own reusable candy bags, hough the first 800 guests each day receive a complimentary trick or treat bag courtesy of Meijer. Oh, and for kids with allergies or for whatever reason cannot have candy, a variety of treats will be made available so every costumed kid gets something special.