The diverse Waterloo Arts District, a half-mile corridor located on Cleveland's east side, exudes a special kind of artful charisma that makes it attractive to Cleveland creatives of all types. The area is packed with more than 50 independent merchants who include a major indie rock venue, emerging art galleries, vintage threads, vinyl shops and local purveyors of suds and grub.
So, fittingly, the Waterloo Arts Festival doesn't fall short when it comes to creativity. One major premise of the annual event: you're never too young - or old - to make art. This all-day affair is part arts fair, part music festival and all parts mind expansion.
What You'll See:
- Like any good art fair, there's plenty of art to be seen and purchased. At Waterloo, expect nothing less with its dozens of local and unique art for sale.
- Cut a rug to live music from an eclectic array of local bands and performance artists.
- Work side-by-side area artists in pop-up studios and workshops to create your own original artwork.
What Else To Do:
- Chow on food and drinks offered by Waterloo Road's fine eateries, as well as other local food trucks and establishments.
- While there, check out the neighborhood and spend a few dimes on some cool local products. Shop the wares at places like vinyl emporium Blue Arrow Records and STAR POP Vintage + Modern.