NFL Fans’ Health and Safety are Our #1 Priority
The NFL has instituted the following measures to ensure a safe and healthy Draft Experience for all its fans:
- Physical Distancing: You are required to follow all six-foot physical distancing markers that will be displayed throughout common areas inside and outside of the NFL Draft Experience. These markers will help you line up for security lines, restrooms, shops and concessions. Remember, we're in this together so make sure to be respectful of other fans and their space.
- Face Coverings: Facial coverings will be mandatory for everyone (fans and staff) and must be worn at all times (other than while actively eating or drinking), including in security lines. Please note: Face coverings with a vent, or a plastic shield without a face covering underneath are not permissible for use at the NFL Draft Experience. Wearing a face covering not only helps to protect you but also other fans, so be a good teammate.
- Hygiene: Hand sanitizer will be readily available for your use throughout the NFL Draft Experience, and fans are encouraged to use it regularly.
- First Aid: If you begin to feel ill at the NFL Draft Experience, you should get help immediately. A fan dedicated isolation area will be available for any fan that begins to feel ill after entering the event. If you feel ill at any point before leaving or on your way to the NFL Draft Experience, the NFL asks that you please be a good teammate and stay home.
- Directional Signage: Follow the signage to help maintain physical distancing. Be smart and continue to abide by physical-distancing markers that appear in all spaces within the NFL Draft Experience.
- Ingress and Egress: The NFL is working to reduce congestion when entering and exiting the NFL Draft Experience. This includes utilizing different entrances and exits for staff and OnePass ticketholders.
In addition, all event staff will be doing their part by implementing the following measures:
- Enhanced Cleaning: The NFL is taking cleaning and disinfection to the next level. All "high touch" surfaces in common areas will be cleaned extensively. "High touch" surfaces include door handles, handrails, sink handles, toilets, ATMs and other touch screens, vestibules, and water fountains.
- Staff Temperature Checks: All staff will have their temperature taken before entering the NFL Draft Experience. Any temperature above 100.4⁰F will be flagged, and that employee will be sent home.
- Face Coverings and PPE: Like fans, all staff will be required to wear a face covering at all times. They will also be required to complete a health screening questionnaire before entering their working location at the NFL Draft Experience. For those staff who work in concessions or handle any "high touch" surfaces, gloves will also be required.
Furthermore, upon reserving tickets for the NFL Draft Experience, all fans must agree to the Fan Health Promise, the full text of which, along with other health and safety guidelines, can be found online in the Draft Experience Health and Safety Playbook.
Again, if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please isolate at home and stay away from others. If you’re not sure where to go to get tested, go to https://coronavirus.ohio.gov and click on the “Testing and Community Health Centers” tab, or call the Ohio Department of Health at 1.833.427.5634.
In Cleveland and greater Cuyahoga County, the ReadyNotify system is available for emergency alerts. Head to https://ready.cuyahogacounty.us to register for alerts.
If You See Something, Say Something
If you see something suspicious, say something. Report any suspicious activity to safety officials on site, or call 9.1.1 for emergencies, 216.621.1234 for non-emergencies or report anonymously via Crimestoppers by calling 216.25.CRIME.
The only bags permitted on site will be CLEAR bags that do not exceed 12” x 12”x 6” and small clutch size purses not exceeding 4.5” x 6.5”. Bags used for medically necessary items are allowed only after thorough inspection at the entry screening site.
You can find a complete list of prohibited items at the 2021 NFL Draft and NFL Draft Experience HERE.
THIS MAP shows the zones in which these items are prohibited.
Additional Safety Tips
- Arrive Early, Drive Safely: Plan out your trip Downtown beforehand to make the most of your time.
- Allow for extra travel time to reach and depart Downtown venues.
- Parking lots and garages are likely to fill up quickly.
- Be aware of increased pedestrian traffic in the Downtown area.
- Motorists are encouraged to follow all posted signage.
- Please refer to this list of road closures and parking restrictions and plan accordingly.
- Practice Social Distancing: Adhere to all CDC guidelines concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, including social distancing, wearing a mask and avoiding large groups.
- Consider Public Transportation: To plan your trip, go to www.riderta.com.
- Put Your Junk in Your Trunk: Valuable items should not be left in the interior of a vehicle where others can see them. Place valuable items in the trunk prior to arriving at your destination or upon parking your car.
- Watch Out for Counterfeit Tickets: Tickets should ONLY be reserved through the NFL OnePass app. The risk of reserving counterfeit tickets online from unofficial sources is high during the NFL Draft. Fans who reserve tickets from a secondary source are taking a chance. Law enforcement seeks to proactively curb such activity and encourage the public to be aware. Reserving tickets via other means creates the potential for possessing either an invalid or counterfeit ticket. The National Football League is not responsible for tickets reserved through secondary sources.
- No Drones Allowed: In accordance with Cleveland Codified Ordinance 490.03b UAS Restrictions: “No person shall launch or operate any unmanned aircraft system in any airspace within or over any area of the City of Cleveland that the Federal Aviation Administration determines to be a restricted area by way of a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM), Temporary Flight Restriction, No Drone Zone or other means.” View drone signage here.