Monday, January 16, 2023, 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Ames Family Atrium
Come together at the Cleveland Museum of Art for a free daylong celebration honoring Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Explore the theme “It Starts with Me: Cultivating a Beloved Community Mindset to Transform Unjust Systems” through storytelling, art making, and reflective writing prompts. The museum will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with activities and tours from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Hands-on object exploration with artworks from the CMA’s education art collection
- Ingalls Library and Museum Archives pop-up
- Self-portrait art making activity
- Interactive writing activity with Lake Erie Ink
- Gallery art stories for families at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Gallery spotlight talks at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
All education programs at the Cleveland Museum of Art are underwritten by the CMA Fund for Education. Major annual support is provided by the Womens Council of the Cleveland Museum of Art. Generous annual support is provided by Brenda and Marshall Brown, Florence Kahane Goodman, Eva and Rudolf Linnebach, and the Kelvin and Eleanor Smith Foundation. Additional annual support is provided by Gail Bowen in memory of Richard L. Bowen, the M. E. and F. J. Callahan Foundation, Mr. and Mrs. Walter R. Chapman Jr., Char and Chuck Fowler, the Giant Eagle Foundation, the Logsdon Family Fund for Education, Roy Smith, and the Trilling Family Foundation.