Not all examples of seeing double necessitate a trip to the eye doctor. Exhibit A: The annual Twins Days Festival, which has grown into the world's largest gathering of twins since launching in 1976. Taking place in (where else?) Twinsburg, the weekend-long fest gives multiples and their families a chance to shine - via a talent show, lookalike contests, a parade, recreation options and live entertainment.
What You'll See:
- Lots and lots of twins, as well as the occasional set of triplets and even quadruplets. Recent years have seen over 2,000 pairs register for the weekend-long festivities - with more multiples attending unofficially, just for fun.
- Each year's festival has a theme, and costumes are encouraged, which can lead to some wildly creative twin spins on pop culture totems.
- Camaraderie galore: There's no other place on earth where twins can find so many other sibling pairs who understand their unique life experiences - as well as the pros and cons of being a twin.
What Else To Do:
- Visit the Twinsburg Historical Society, which gives visitors an inside look at local lore.
- Help out scientists and researchers, who often use Twins Day as a way to find subjects willing to help bolster their important academic work.