Read our guidelines below regarding the use of Destination Cleveland’s trademarks and brand, including use of our proprietary Cleveland Script design.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau of Greater Cleveland, Inc., dba Destination Cleveland, owns the trade names, trademarks, service marks and trade dress used by it in connection with promoting Northeastern Ohio as a destination. Among these trademarks is our proprietary Cleveland Script design shown below:
Destination Cleveland developed the Cleveland Script design to increase the visibility of our city and celebrate the amazing people and valuable natural and creative assets of our region. The script design can be seen throughout Cleveland as free-standing signs. Having your picture taken with one of these signs has become a popular photo op for Clevelanders and visitors alike.
The Cleveland Script design is protected in the United States and internationally. But here’s the best part: we don’t mind if you use it, too. Provided, however, that you agree to use it in a way that reflects the positive values of our people, city and region, and that you follow the rules for its use (see below).
Your use of the mark means you agree to the following:
- You aren't allowed use the mark, or any deceptively similar mark, without our prior consent. Just ask—it’s the right (and legal) thing to do. Requests to use the mark should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can’t file, authorize anyone else to file, or assist anyone else in filing a trademark application for any Cleveland Script trademark, any deceptively similar mark, or any combination mark in any country.
- You may not alter or modify the mark.
- You can’t use it in a confusing way that suggests that Destination Cleveland sponsors or endorses you or your products or services, or confuses the Destination Cleveland brand with any other brand.
- You may not incorporate the mark into your own product features, product names, service names, trademarks, logos, company names, domain names, or social media accounts unless otherwise permitted by us.
- Don’t use the mark in any way that is sexually explicit, vulgar, profane, or offensive; obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous or otherwise unlawful; or religiously, racially, or gender specifically offensive or otherwise promoting hate towards individuals or groups; or that violates any applicable laws or is otherwise not cool with Destination Cleveland, as determined by Destination Cleveland in its sole discretion. Remember the note above about reflecting our positive values? That’s what we’re going for here.
Websites, Graphic Representations and Written Materials
Your website cannot use a Destination Cleveland trademark (or misspellings, or any other variations) in a way that causes confusion with our website. If you do, upon Destination Cleveland’s request, you need to immediately change your website to comply with our trademark and brand guidelines to our satisfaction.
Any approved use of the Cleveland Script mark on websites, graphic representations, or written materials must contain the following unless otherwise specifically agreed to by Destination Cleveland:
The Cleveland Script logo is the trademark of the Conventions and Visitors Bureau of Greater Cleveland and is used with permission.