The Destination Cleveland Public Relations team coordinates group and individual media visits throughout the year. Depending on the nature of the assignment or research trip, Destination Cleveland can assist with accommodations, suggested itineraries and more for journalists interested in visiting Cleveland.
Destination Cleveland's policy prohibits the hosting of journalists if the primary purpose of the trip is leisure or holiday travel for that individual with family and/or friends.
Please allow three to four weeks' notice for media hosting and itinerary assistance. Requests are handled on an individual basis. The level of support provided depends upon:
- the journalist's assigned or intended story
- advance notice provided
- time of year for the visit
- length of stay and
- the availability of Cleveland hotels and attractions to assist.
- Destination Cleveland may request additional documentation of readership, web traffic data or social media reach prior to your trip. Journalists may also be asked to provide recent and/or comparable travel stories to what is planned from their Cleveland press trip.
- Bloggers must represent a quality website devoted to travel, culture, rock ‘n’ roll, food or outdoor recreation with a healthy readership demonstrated by either a large audience or specific target audience. You will be asked to provide third party documentation of web traffic data (such as Google Analytics), as well as social media reach and engagement on your 1-2 most active platforms (Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram). Bloggers must also be active on social media and be committed to posting during the trip.
Discounted or complimentary arrangements are provided at the discretion of the host businesses and are subject to availability and interest of each facility. Black-out periods may be experienced throughout the year, especially at hotels. If complimentary accommodations are not available, then Destination Cleveland will try to secure a media rate for the visiting press.
When accompanied by a Destination Cleveland staff member at meals, cost will be covered. However, all visiting press should plan to pay for some portion of their meals during their visit as it is up to the discretion of the restaurant to provide complimentary services. Complimentary meals exclude gratuity and, sometimes, alcoholic beverages and will only be for one person, unless the host wishes to extend the invitation to additional guests.
Please understand that our primary concern is assisting members of the working media. Host locations are not always able to accommodate spouses, children and visitors accompanying working journalists.
After Your Trip
Destination Cleveland asks that you please forward an original copy of coverage resulting from your trip. Magazines, newspapers, travel radio/television programs and guidebook companies can mail original articles or, in the case of broadcast stories, digital copies to:
c/o PR Team
334 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44114
Direct links to online articles, TV or radio clips and blogs can be emailed to your PR team contact as well as email@example.com.