Cleveland is out. From a mayor who created a domestic partner registry to a city that illuminated its most iconic building with the rainbow colors of pride, Cleveland welcomes each and every visitor regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Explore the LGBTQ Culture in Cleveland
Gaze at artifacts from your favorite artists at the Rock Hall, get your Broadway fix at Playhouse Square, dine at the restaurants of celeb chefs or take in the boisterous harmonies and fabulous choreography of a performance by the North Coast Men's Chorus. Or, head over to the trendy neighborhoods of Lakewood, Ohio City, Tremont, Coventry and the Detroit-Shoreway that serve as hotspots for gay nightlife and culture. Find more to do, here.
LGBTQ Travel Resources
Get the 411 on LGBTQ support organizations and other traveler tips to know before planning your trip to Cleveland.
- For access to a plethora of LGBTQ services and resources, contact the Cleveland Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Community Center. Also on their site is a list of area LGBT resources ranging from happy hour groups to legal support, here.
- Cleveland Pride hosts an annual event to celebrate Cleveland’s LGBTQ diversity. Northeast Ohio’s largest LGBTQ Pride festival occurs every summer at Voinovich Park with a parade, food and beverages, and entertainment.
- The MetroHealth Pride Clinic at Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center is the first clinic of its kind in Ohio, a facility devoted to serving the unique health needs of the LGBTQ community. If you or your partner is in need of medical attention while visiting Cleveland, know that you have patient rights. For more information visit www.metrohealth.org/prideclinic. To schedule an appointment, call 216.957.4905.
- Looking to do business with LGBTQ-owned and other allied businesses? Visit Plexus, Cleveland's LGBT Chamber of Commerce.
- The United Church of Christ, Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, Old Stone Church and University Circle United Methodist Church are popular area churches that are known for their commitment to their LGBTQ parishioners. But, there are many more gay-affirming churches in Cleveland. For a more complete list, search for Cleveland, Ohio churches on GayChurch.org.