What’s Your Music Itinerary?
Take the Quiz to Uncover Your CLE Music Itinerary
By Lexi Hotchkiss
Nary a minute of your workday goes by without your Beats pressed up to your ears blasting your playlist. You’ll only swipe right on people who claim music as their first love. And, your weekends are spent going to concerts, playing concerts, traveling for concerts or otherwise planning what concert you’ll hit next.
If you’re the kind of person who lives, breathes and sleeps music, Cleveland’s already got a top spot on your travel bucket list.
So, take our quiz. Tally your results. Then, scope a music-fueled Cleveland itinerary that fits your music picks.
Take the Quiz
1. You’re hosting a house party. What’s on the playlist?
- An LP of an obscure indie band that you’re convinced is the next big thing.
- Jill Scott mixed with a little Diana Krall, because tonight is about mellowing out.
- It’s Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd and some Grateful Dead for good measure.
- You’re blasting anything from Bruno Mars to JT. By night’s end, it’s all about the EDM—Calvin Harris, DeadMau5 and Steve Aoki.
- Mozart, Beethoven and Bach hum in the background.
2. The perfect music-fueled night out includes:
- Uncovering new sounds from a local alt-rock band inside a dive bar.
- Listening to a soul-filled jazz trio while sipping martinis.
- Since so many of your faves have passed, you’re no stranger to the next best thing: the classic rock tribute band.
- The on-point combo of the right friends, the best bar, the loudest DJ and the strongest drinks.
- A Broadway performance preceded by a stylish pre-show dinner.
3. You just boarded a music time machine. Where are you going?
- Nirvana’s 1993 MTV Unplugged New York performance.
- Billie Holiday’s 1948 sold-out performance at Carnegie Hall.
- Bruce Springsteen's famed 1978 show at the Cleveland Agora.
- 2Pac’s resurrection—via hologram—at Coachella in 2012.
- The 1892 premiere of The Nutcracker and the Mouse King scored by Tchaikovsky in St. Petersburg, Russia.
4. Tons of musicians hail from Northeast Ohio. Pick your fave:
Mostly A: The Indie Music Fan
Top 40 hits are the opposite of everything you stand for. It’s all about the underground sound that’s churned out in indie music clubs and vinyl record shops across the country. Check out the Indie Fan’s 48-Hour Itinerary here.
Mostly B: The Soul Music Lover
Sultry, sexy and just plain chill. Your musical tastes run the gamet of genres from jazz and blues to neo-soul and R&B. You don’t mind some throwbacks to the greats like Ella Fitzgerald and Miles Davis, but you’re also listening to current faves like India.Arie and Dianne Reeves. Check out the Soul Music Lover's 48-Hour Itinerary here.
Mostly C: The Classic Rocker
While the term “rock ‘n’ roll” was coined back in the 1930s here in Cleveland, you believe that the true sound of rock originated in the 70s and 80s. You’re no stranger to guitar riffs, gritty acoustics, big hair, metal and Americana. Check out the Classic Rocker’s 48-Hour Itinerary here.
Mostly D: The Pop Star
Your playlist is packed with the likes of Drake, Kanye and The Weeknd. You like pop, R&B, rap and just about anything that’ll leave you cutting rug. After all, your tracks are loud, current and, honestly, a lot of fun. Check out the Pop Star’s 48-Hour Itinerary here.
Mostly E: The Classical Music Aficionado
You understand the difference between a concerto and a sonata. You never clap between movements. And, you’ve got the know-how to properly dress for the opera. While you love the classics, your playlist also includes some finely scored Broadway musical and big band sounds. Check out the Classical Music Aficionado's 48-Hour Itinerary here.