Pressure Creates Diamonds
You hear Clevelanders boasting about Playhouse Square all the time. It’s the largest performing arts center outside of NYC. It hosts more than one million guests and 1,000 curtain each year.
But, did you know that with its five fully restored historic theaters (built 1921-22), Playhouse Square is also the largest theater restoration project in the world?
Join in on Saturday, March 23 for one of several free tours to find out how these gems were saved from the wrecking ball.
Tours start at 10am on March 23 and depart every 15 minutes. Each tour lasts 60-90 minutes. Guests should note:
- Meet the Playhouse Square’s RedCoat volunteer tour guides in the KeyBank State Theatre lobby.
- Tours do involve stairs and we suggest wearing comfortable shoes.
- Cameras for still photographs are welcome.
- Please note that backstage access during tours is subject to availability.
- Directions and parking information can be found here.
Registration is Required
Be A Tourist in Your Hometown Weekend
And, learn more about this no-excuses, locals-only weekend in Cleveland by visiting HometownTouristCLE.com.