When it comes to the world of music festivals, Larchmere Porchfest is anything but ordinary. Residents living in the progressive east side district of Larchmere open up the front porches of their gorgeous, classic homes as "stages" for 30+ local bands and musicians. It all means that front yards become premier-level seating for a whole slew of shows that'll open you up to Cleveland's indie music scene.
What You'll See:
- Local musicians of all kinds - think Americana, hip-hop, rock, world music and everything in between. The fest books veteran groups and new bands alike, increasing the chance that you'll find a new favorite to follow.
- Music fans of all ages can be found chilling in front yards on blankets and lawn chairs, which makes for a convivial atmosphere that easily turns strangers into new friends.
What Else To Do:
- Grab a cold one in PorchFest's beer garden that, naturally, also has live musicians serenading sippers.
- It wouldn't be a proper visit to Larchmere without a few stops within the district's well-known antiques district, vending everything from vintage threads to antique furniture.
Tips for Attending:
- All of this listening is sure to work up an appetite, so make sure to bring a cooler of food to snack on throughout the day.