Without a doubt, moms are awesome. They helped to shape who we are today - kissed our boo-boos, taught us right from wrong, bailed us out in our times of need.
While we think we should appreciate our moms every day, Mother's Day presents us with an entire day completely dedicated to showing Mom just how much she means to us.
Brunch and Mother's Day go together like orange juice and champagne. But, why spend your morning at some run-of-the-mill Mother's Day brunch that simply screams "meh," when you and Ma can embark on a brunch experience.
- The Music Box Supper Club: You and mom can feast on the brunch buffet all while day drinking at the bloody mary bar and listening to Rachel & The Beatnik Playboys play a Patsy Kline tribute.
- Ritz-Carlton Ballroom Brunch: At The Ritz-Carlton Cleveland, you and your mom can enjoy a world-class brunch (oh, hey there, prime rib carving station), while also creating your very own floral design at the interactive bouquet booth.
- Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad: All moms aboard the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad can expect a relaxing ride with stunning views, delicious mimosas, and even a paint and sip event.
Discounted or Free for Ma
Not every mother is a brunch-and-bouquet kind of lady. Sometimes your mom just wants to spend time with you. Thanks to a number of Cleveland attractions, she'll get the opportunity to squeeze your cheeks all day at these spots with discounted or free admission on Mom's Day. (Or, check out any of these attractions, which are always free.)
The Gift of Fun
Remember all those times your mom chauffeured you around town? Now's your turn to take her out for the day. Whether Mom enjoys singing show tunes or "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," you've got options.
- Nautica Queen Cruise: Take your mother's day meal up a notch by cruising along the Cuyahoga River while you eat.
- Playhouse Square: Take your mom out on the town to see "Tina: The Tuna Turner Musical" at Playhouse Square, as is Tony Award winning musical "Ain't Misbehavin'."
- The Cleveland Orchestra: The world-class orchestra will standout performances that weekend including "United in Song!," a free community choral celebration and "The Girl of the Golden West."
- Karamu House: Take Mom to a show at the renowned Karamu House where they're performing "The Bubbly Black Girl Sheds Her Chameleon Skin," that's described as "a humurous and pointed coming-of-age story."