"Mom! Mom! Mom! Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Mama! Mama! Mama! Ma! Ma! Ma! Ma! Mum! Mum! Mum! Mum! Mummy! Mummy! Mumma! Mumma! Mumma!" - Stewie Griffin
Moms are awesome. They're the women who help shaped who we are today - kissed our boo-boos, taught us right from wrong, bailed us out in our times of need.
While we think we should appreciate our moms every day, Mother's Day presents us with an entire day completely dedicated to showing Mom just how much she means to us.
Brunch and Mother's Day go together like orange juice and champagne. But, why spend your morning at some run-of-the-mill Mother's Day brunch that simply screams "meh," when you and Ma can embark on a brunch experience.
- The Music Box Supper Club: You and mom can feast on some serious brunch all while day drinking at the bloody mary bar and listening to Rachel & The Beatnik Playboys play a Patsy Kline tribute.
- Ritz-Carlton Ballroom Brunch: At The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland you and your mom can enjoy a world-class brunch (oh, hey there, prime rib carving station), while also creating your very own floral design at the interactive bouquet booth.
Discounted or Free for Ma
Image by Scott Meivoge
Not every mother is a brunch-and-bouquet kind of lady. Sometimes your mom just wants to spend time with you. Thanks to a number of Cleveland attractions, she'll get the opportunity to squeeze your cheeks all day at these spots with discounted or free admission on Mom's Day. (Or, check out any of these attractions, which are always free.)
The Gift of Fun
Image by Cody York
Remember all those times your mom chauffeured you around town? Now's your turn to take her out for the day. Whether Mom enjoys singing show tunes or "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," you've got options.
- Cleveland Indians: The Indians play at home against the Kansas City Royals all weekend long.
- Playhouse Square: Disney's award-winning musical "Aladdin" is in town at Playhouse Square, as is "Beehive the Musical" and a performance by Carol Burnett.
- The Cleveland Orchestra: The world-class orchestra will be performing the "Prometheus Project," a journey through the music of Beethoven at Severance Hall.
- Karamu House: Take Mom to a show at the renowned Karamu House where they're performing "Passing Strange," that's described as "a rock concert with a story to tell."
Need a Little Handholding?
Everyone needs a little handholding sometimes. When it comes to exploring Cleveland, we've got you. Find your way around town and create your own experiences with Destination Cleveland's app.