In Cleveland, we’ve got world-class experiences without the world-class ego. And for that, you’re welcome.
Here in Cleveland, we’ve got beef cheek in our pierogi, truffles on our hot dogs and beer in our donuts. Balance.
Whether you’re into the thread count of your linens or just a place to crash for the night, we’ve got a hotel room with your name all over it.
You know those places only the locals know? Let our experts help you find them with free maps, itineraries and insider tips.
History hasn't always been easy on us. But pressure can create diamonds. Come check out our gems.
'Tis the season for joy and revelry, and different cultures have their own unique ways of celebrating the holidays. Cleveland prides itself in its diversity. With dozens of ethnicities represented, all with traditions, observances and festivities marking the end of the year, Cleveland's mix of people readies for a party unlike any other.
Want to see what all of that looks like under one (very pretty) roof? The seventh annual Multicultural Holiday Celebration is the place to be on Dec. 14 from 6-9 p.m., in the atrium at the Global Center for Health Innovation.
Hosted by the International Community Council-Worldwide Intercultural Network (ICC-WIN) in partnership with the City of Cleveland, the event is open to the public.
"When we look at Cleveland and Northeast Ohio, we are home to more than 120 multicultural groups," said Ken Kovach, president of ICC-WIN. "This is an opportunity to see the panorama of diversity in Cleveland."
Global Cleveland, a non-profit organization dedicated to welcoming and connecting newcomers to Cleveland, is a sponsor of the event.
"There are places where all people come together--every culture, race and religion," said Joe Cimperman, president of Global Cleveland. "Whether it's the kitchen of your home where everyone always congregates, or at a community celebration like a high school graduation, we convene joyfully. This ICC-WIN holiday party that Global Cleveland is proud to support is one of these moments. All are welcome. All will feel welcomed. Now more than ever, we need this."
Come experience food, dancing and more alongside about 800 people from various backgrounds and ethnicities. Here's what you can expect:
* Authentic cuisine from six international restaurants: Li Wah (Chinese); Empress Taytu (Ethiopian); Cleveland Tiffin (Indian); Kan Zaman (Middle Eastern); Gintaras Restaurant and Lounge (Lithuanian); and Dragon Light (Vietnamese)
* Unique entertainment from international performance groups including African ensemble JAPO; Bavarian and Tyrol ensemble Schuhplatters; Japanese ensemble Sho-Jo-Ji; and Mexican ensemble Tepehuani Nelli
* Multicultural fashion show highlighting the styles of 20 nations and cultures
* Silent auction with awesome prizes (think: hotel packages, theater tickets, themed baskets with items from various nations, and more)
* Mingling with new people with roots all over the world
"The networking opportunity is fantastic," Kovach said. "It's a very inclusive event--this is open to everyone."
Discounted parking is available at the City Hall Parking Garage for $3 with an event voucher. Pre-purchase your event tickets on the ICC-WIN website for $15, or $20 at the door.
Located in downtown Cleveland, we are the only facility in the world that displays the future of health and healthcare presented on four themed...