One could argue that in Cleveland, every week is Cleveland Beer Week. But over one week every October, we just make it official. Once again, this year's festivities, which will run Oct. 14-Oct. 23rd, promise exactly what one would expect for a week dedicated to our fair city's liquid gold: there will be beer. Lots of beer. Hundreds of beers, many of which originating from right here in Cleveland and the surrounding area.
CLE Beer Week has been around since 2009, so it's fair to say we've learned a thing or two on how to best navigate this weeklong celebration of Cleveland's chief natural resource.
- DO think of your absolute favorite regional beer. The one you love the most. The one you always order. Got it? Cool. Now, order something - anything - besides that beer. Beer Week is a celebration of everything the regional beer scene has to offer. There will be literally hundreds to choose from over the course of the week. Whichever events you make it to, try something new.
- DO use a designated driver. You may not go to a Beer Week event to get a buzz, but if you're honest with yourself, you know it very well may happen. Sure, it's more fun to partake, but many events cut admission fees for verified designated drivers.
- Under 21? DON'T even think about it. Just about all Cleveland Beer Week events are 21-and-over only. And they will check IDs.
- DO attend multiple events! Each event offers something new and different to the beer drinking experience, plus you're surrounded by people who enjoy a perfect pour as much as you do.
- DO get your Cleveland Brewery Passport stamped. Just about every brewery taking part in Beer Week is a part of our new brewery passport that's part bucket list, part scavenger hunt.
- DO NOT - and this is very important - do not ask someone where you can get a Bud Light. If you're not the kind of person who gets down with local craft beer, that's fine. But if you show up looking for your favorite proletarian bottle of suds, this might not be your jam.
Beer Week Events
At Cleveland Beer Week you'll find highbrow, lowbrow, whatever brow you're looking for at various bars, restaurants, taprooms and breweries across the region. Mark your calendar and prepare for a week of enjyoing the best brews The Land can offer. It goes without saying, but remember, drink responsibly.