Take the #ThisisCLE Challenge for a Chance to Win
Ah, summer in Cleveland. It’s the things Midwest dreams are made of. Trips to the beach, warm nights at the ballpark, festivals, river cruises and the like. But, what if there was someone, somewhere who didn’t think Cleveland in the summer was the best thing since sliced bread?
News flash. You could be in the presence of a local Cleveland naysayer. At this very moment, a resident is bashing Cleveland on Twitter or putting down their out of town friend who's inquiring about a visit. Unbelievable, we know. But, it's true.
A study done by Destination Cleveland shows only about 50% of Clevelanders would recommend their city as a place to visit. We're going to go ahead and assume it's because locals haven't yet seen with their own eyes all that's happening in the CLE these days. Hey, we get it, but it's time to change that and that's where you come in.
Do you have a friend who refuses to leave the ‘burbs to visit downtown?
How about a relative who's never been to one of Cleveland's many ethnic festivals?
Maybe your BFF thinks it's inconvenient to get around downtown?
Whatever the case, Destination Cleveland challenges you to change their minds. We're on a mission to engage with locals who have yet to experience Cleveland's recent revival to increase that 50% to 100% and show visitors what this town is all about.
What can you do to help? Take the challenge.
You have the list, now here’s your challenge:
Bring a Cleveland naysayer along as you experience these quintessential must-dos then fill out the form to tell us how it went. Snap a few photos along the way, as they’re a required part of your entry. We’ll review the entries, choose the most compelling story and award one grand prize winner with an overnight adventure in downtown Cleveland. Tag your social messages #ThisisCLE along the way for a chance to win random giveaways all summer long. Submit one entry for each summer experience completed. Entries will be accepted until September 14, 2015.
One grand prize winner will receive the following package:
- One night hotel stay at the Westin Hotel Cleveland
- Admission for two to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- $40 Breakfast Voucher redeemable at Urban Farmer
- $100 Gift Card for Hofbrauhaus
- $200 Gift Card for Playhouse Square
- Get to the beach at Edgewater Park for a spectacular view of the city. Stay for the sunset.
- Get to the Feast of the Assumption August 13-16 in Little Italy. Bring cash and go directly to the first dessert stand you see for a cannoli.
- Attend a summer Cleveland Flea at Tyler Village. Visit theclevelandflea.com ahead of time to plan your outing.
- Pack up your bike and head to the Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath Trail. Bike until your heart’s content then hop on the train for a $3 lift back to your station.
- Go bar hopping in Ohio City. Start at Great Lakes Brewing Company with a Burning River Pale Ale.
- Pack a picnic basket and drive south to Blossom Music Center for a Cleveland Orchestra outdoor symphony under the stars.
- Experience an urban oasis at the Cleveland Botanical Garden. Stay for live music and an outdoor movie at Wade Oval Wednesdays.
- Buy a $13 district ticket at a Cleveland Indians baseball game . Enjoy your first drink free from the two story bar in right field.
- Make a stop at the Taste of Tremont and go directly to Prosperity Social Club for a cold glass of Sangria.
- Experience a free Take a Hike Tour in downtown Cleveland, then head to E. 4th Street for dinner. All the restaurants are good so choose out of a hat.
- Go to Hingetown and start with a coffee at Rising Star. Rent a Zagster bike and cruise through Ohio City.
- Take a river cruise aboard Nautica Queen, then grab a patio spot at Lago on the East Bank of the Flats.