Experience Dedicated® Destination
Through constant collaboration, our community has made tremendous strides to create unforgettable and authentic experiences for those who travel to our region. As we welcome more visitors each year, it is essential that we continue to strengthen their experiences as our community evolves.
We Need Your Help
In 2015, 17.6 million visitors traveled to Cuyahoga County, the highest number on record. While they were here, they spent $8.1 billion. With a historic 2016 under our belts, we anticipate these numbers will continue to grow; however, there is more work to do.
In partnership with The EXPERIENCE Institute®, we will conduct an ongoing survey among visitors to assess their experience related to hotels, transportation, event venues, attractions, restaurants and other important tourism-related sectors. The results will help us:
- Identify gaps in the visitor experience
- Demonstrate that these gaps affect the visitor experience and, in turn, our Cleveland product
- Inform future initiatives to improve the visitor experience
- Define Cleveland as an Experience Dedicated® Destination (EDD) in the eyes of our visitors
Sectors & Sector Leaders
Your help is critical to market the survey across the region through as many visitor touchpoints as possible. The visitor-related sectors that we will measure are listed below, along with the respective sector leaders who will guide these efforts:
Attractions and Activities
- Brian Zimmerman, chief executive officer, Cleveland Metroparks
- Autumn Kiser, vice president of ticket sales and marketing, Playhouse Square
- Jamie Hill, general manager, Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
- Yael Ron, general manager, The Ritz-Carlton Cleveland
- Craig Campbell, area director of sales and marketing, InterContinental Hotels Cleveland
Local Government and Civic Organizations
- Valarie McCall, chief of government and international affairs, City of Cleveland
- Nathan Kelly, interim director of development, Cuyahoga County
- Joe Marinucci, president and ceo, Downtown Cleveland Alliance
- Grace Gallucci, executive director, Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency
- Jocelynn Clemings, communications and public engagement manager, Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency
- Joe Calabrese, chief executive officer and general manager, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- Steve Bitto, director of marketing and communications, Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- Todd Payne, chief of marketing and air service development, Cleveland Department of Port Control
Facilities and Venues
- Mike Miller, vice president, Music Box Supper Club
- Mark Leahy, general manager, Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
- Andy Hata, general manager, Urban Farmer
- Michael Huff, general manager and dean, Tri-C Hospitality Management Center
What Do I Need To Do?
- Sign Up: If you are interested in learning how guests perceive their visit to our region and the impact that your place of business may have on that experience, please submit your information below.
- Distribute Survey: Encourage visitors to take the survey by visiting www.myclevelandexperience.com. Signage and other promotional collateral will be provided to promote the website.
- Complete Quarterly/Annual Surveys: Throughout this process, you will be asked for feedback that will provide us with valuable information beyond standard industry metrics. The surveys are short and will take about five minutes to complete.
- Collaborate on Solutions: Once gaps in the visitor experience are identified, we will work together as a community to provide solutions