Destination Cleveland’s CLE Travelbackers training program provides Cleveland’s travel and tourism community with the knowledge and tools needed to enhance visitor experiences and promote the city as a premier destination.
By supporting our visitor-facing team, this program aims to ensure that Cleveland visitors enjoy their visit, share their positive experiences with family and friends, and return for additional visits. In the program’s first two years, Destination Cleveland has trained more than 1,000 participants from 50 businesses and organizations including hotels, restaurants, retail, healthcare and service providers.
This three-hour interactive workshop is designed to educate and excite participants about Cleveland as a visitor destination by highlighting the best of Cleveland’s current assets and upcoming developments. Participants also will review and practice techniques needed to continually anticipate visitor needs and exceed expectations to WOW visitors during their stay in Cleveland.
During this session, participants will:
- Learn about Cleveland’s visitor destination brand
- Understand the role of tourism in the economy of Cleveland
- Rediscover Cleveland’s top attractions, events, history and culture
- Get the inside scoop on new destination developments
- Discover Destination Cleveland as a resource for information
- Be aware of visitors’ expectations and first impressions
- Practice communicating clearly and warmly with guests
- Learn to transform challenging situations into positive outcomes
2017 CLE Travelbackers Registration Links, Dates and Times
All workshops are 9 am - Noon in The Foster Theater at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Workshops can also be scheduled and brought to your business or organization. E-mail Eric Embacher at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about upcoming events.
See what local media is saying about CLE Travelbackers
For more information, contact:
Visitor Experience Program Manager
"As hotel ambassadors of The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland, we have found Destination Cleveland’s Travelbackers Program to be a great learning tool and an innovative enhancement. The program has provided us with a source of knowledge as well as valuable networking opportunities. It was beneficial to discover the historical aspects, hidden gems and new endeavors in the city of Cleveland."
- Emily Brasacchio, Club Level Supervisor, The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
CLE Travelbackers is sponsored by PNC Bank