Visit Our Breweries. Make a Purchase. Win Stuff. Repeat.
Every global traveler knows his or her passport is a badge of honor. But what if that passport showed off your love of good beer, earned you swag and gave you a new appreciation for different styles of beer — all in a city that swanks one of the best beer scenes in the world? We’d drink to that.
Destination Cleveland partnered with 30 area breweries and other industry innovators to create the all-new Cleveland Brewery Passport.
How it Works
- Pick up a FREE Cleveland Brewery Passport.
- Indulge in the Cleveland region’s brewery scene.
- Make a qualifying purchase (a brew, food or piece of merch) at each brewery, then ask your server/bartender to stamp your passport.
- Repeat at up to 30 participating breweries. Share the fun using #ThisisCLE.
- Turn in your passport after receiving 8 or 30 stamps.
- Win prizes.
Let’s Get Started
Swing by the Cleveland Visitors Center (334 Euclid Ave. in Downtown Cleveland) or any of the 30 participating breweries to pick up your very own Cleveland Brewery Passport starting July 1, 2018. Then, you’ll have until June 30, 2019 to get tasting, touring, shopping and, of course, imbibing. Easy enough, right?
How to Win
Get eight stamps and receive a Cleveland-branded bottle opener. Or, get all 30 stamps and receive a Cleveland hat and a contest entry for a weekend getaway in Cleveland.
On top of that, all participants who submit either eight or 30 stamps to the Cleveland Visitors Center will be entered into a quarterly drawing for tickets to a Cleveland sporting event.
To earn your prize(s), simply drop off or mail the passport to the Cleveland Visitors Center by June 30, 2019:
Attention: Cleveland Brewery Passport
334 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44114
Destination Cleveland is proud that 30 breweries within a 25-mile radius of Downtown Cleveland agreed to participate in the all-new Cleveland Brewery Passport including:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I pick up a Cleveland Brewery Passport?
The free Cleveland Brewery Passport is available at any of the 30 participating breweries or the Cleveland Visitors Center (334 Euclid Ave., Cleveland). At this time, the passport is not available in a digital format.
- How much does it cost to participate?
The Cleveland Brewery Passport is free. In order to receive stamps within your passport, you must make a qualifying purchase (beer, food or merchandise) at one of the 30 participating breweries.
- How old do I need to be to participate?
Participants must be 21 years old to participate in the Cleveland Brewery Passport. However, Destination Cleveland understands that not everyone wants to or can drink beer at every one of these locations. For visitors and residents to get a stamp in the brewery passport, the only requirement is to make some type of purchase at the participating brewery. Merchandise even counts for securing a stamp. The passport advisory council agreed that support of craft brewers through any purchase was best. Of course, in order to consume alcoholic beverages, you must be at least 21 years old.
- How do I get a Cleveland Brewery Passport stamped?
For participants to receive a stamp in the Cleveland Brewery Passport, they MUST make a qualifying purchase at one of the 30 participating breweries. A qualifying purchase includes a beverage, menu item or brewery merchandise. The participant must have the passport stamped by the staff at the participating brewery during the time of purchase.
What prizes can I win?
- If participants obtain stamps from eight participating breweries, they will receive a customized Cleveland bottle opener.*
- Participants who receive stamps all 30 breweries will get a Cleveland script baseball hat.
- Those who have completed all 30 breweries also will be entered into a contest to win an overnight stay in Cleveland. Entries for the overnight stay in Cleveland will be collected over a 12-month period throughout the calendar year beginning July 1. A winner will be chosen at random in July 2019.
- SPECIAL INCENTIVE: When a submitted passport has either eight or 30 stamps, participants will be entered into a drawing to win tickets to a Cleveland sporting event occurring in town that quarter.
* Only those participants who completed eight breweries AND submitted their passport PRIOR to obtaining all 30 stamps will receive a bottle opener Participants who receive 30 stamps— but did not submit for their original eight breweries beforehand — will receive only a Cleveland script baseball hat and entry into the contest.
Does the Cleveland Brewery Passport expire?
The 2018/2019 Cleveland Brewery Passport is available starting July 1, 2018 and can be obtained at any point until June 30, 2019. Participants have until June 30, 2019 to return their passports to win prizes and to be entered to win a Cleveland getaway.
- How do I redeem my prize?
When your passport has either eight stamps or all 30 stamps, participants must drop it off at the Cleveland Visitors Center (334 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44114) to receive their prize. Or, mail it to the following address (please ensure page 1 is complete): Destination Cleveland, Attention: Cleveland Brewery Passport, 334 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44114.
- How did you pick the participating breweries?
After several months collaborating with the Cleveland brewing community, along with extensive research and discussion, the qualifying criteria for inclusion in the Cleveland Brewery Passport are:
Destination Cleveland will re-evaluate the Cleveland Brewery Passport and participating breweries on an annual basis.
- All breweries participating in the passport should have an A1C permit and a brewing system on premise.
- All breweries’ beers must be continuously available to the public when the passport launches and throughout the year.
- All breweries must be at least listing-level partners of Destination Cleveland.
- What happens if my Cleveland Brewery Passport is lost or stolen?
Unfortunately, we don’t have a way of tracking which breweries you’ve visited other than through the stamps on your passport. Therefore, if you misplace your passport, you will have to start from the beginning.
- I forgot my Cleveland Brewery Passport when I went to a participating brewery this weekend. Can I still get my stamp?
Yes. Keep the receipt from your purchase and go back to the brewery to get the stamp.
- If I turned in my passport after eight stamps, can I get my prize and keep getting stamps?
Yes. If you bring your passport to the Cleveland Visitors Center for redemption, a CLE Concierge will verify the number of stamps you’ve collected and award the prize. They also will return the passport to you, so you may continue your brewery journey.
If you mail the stamp matrix to the Cleveland Visitors Center after receiving eight stamps – and you want the passport page returned – make sure to check the box on page 1 indicating your desire to continue the journey.
- Any tips on participating?
Have a blast exploring Cleveland’s craft beer scene. Throughout your journey, share the fun with us by using the hashtag #ThisisCLE on social media. Please drink responsibly and always use a designated driver.
- Who do I contact if I have questions about the Cleveland Brewery Passport?
For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.