Woodstock 50th Anniversary Event
Tour operators are clamoring to sign up for this historic celebration
Woodstock, that famous and fabled festival from 1969, is turning 50 years old in 2019. Hook your group up with a celebration for the ages taking place in Cleveland in the presence of the legendary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Aug. 16-18, 2019.
Bob Cline, president of U.S. Tours, is putting on the event. Coinciding with the year Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon, Woodstock became an iconic inflection point for peace-loving, free-spirited people of that generation. Celebrating the memory of both events five decades later, the festival in Cleveland will pay tribute to Woodstock, the moon walk, and the song "Age of Aquarius" by The Fifth Dimension hitting the charts.
The Moon Rock Evening will take place on Aug. 16, under a full moon, at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the plaza outside the Rock Hall. The Rock Hall holds seven floors of exhibits, including memorabilia from 11 Woodstock artists including Joan Baez, Santana, Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Creedence Clearwater Revival and more.
The package includes:
- Two nights first class or deluxe lodging
- Two hotel breakfasts
- One dinner
- Snacks at Rock Hall
- All taxes and tips
- One free double with every 16 paid
Optional daytime tours are also available:
- Walking with Neil Armstrong - a visit to Observatory Park Planetarium and the Great Lakes Science Center for space-themed activities
- Lunch with the Queen - a cruise on The Nautica Queen along the lake and riverfront complete with music, sightseeing and a lavish buffet
- Shopping for Bell Bottoms - an outing to eclectic vintage shops (Flower Child and Sweet Lorain) to search for bell bottoms and peace beads
Don't miss out on this chance to pay tribute to the incredible Woodstock festival while visiting the home of rock ‘n' roll. The history of music is rich in Cleveland, and celebrated in iconic attractions like the Rock Hall, which is the perfect complement to Woodstock's legacy.
Have questions about booking the Woodstock 50th Anniversary Tour in Cleveland? Contact Jane Tougouma at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.875.6607.