What's a Cleveland Ambassador?
Hint: Volunteer opportunities abound
By Eric Embacher
The role our volunteers play to enhance the visitor experience is critical in changing the narrative about our hometown. To that end, we’d like to continue to connect you to similar opportunities to welcome visitors as a CLE Ambassador, and provide them with the authentic Cleveland experience they are seeking.
Opportunities to serve as a CLE Ambassador include:
- Attending Pop-up Welcome Parties to greet groups of visitors at exciting locations around Cleveland
- Greeting convention visitors as they arrive to our city at the airport
- Taking photos of visitors at the newly installed Cleveland script signs at the Abbey Ave. overlook (Tremont), North Coast Harbor and Edgewater Park
- Serving as wayfinders and greeters throughout the city during large-scale conventions and events
- Working as a Concierge Ambassador in the Cleveland Visitors Center
- Volunteering (occasionally) with local attraction partners such as the Pro Football Hall of Fame, A Christmas Story House and more.
Information about these opportunities will be communicated via email to all CLE Ambassadors on a monthly basis. The email will also include updates about new restaurants, attractions and other visitor-related developments.
If you are interested in continuing to enhance the visitor experience as a CLE Ambassador, you can sign up at www.thisiscleveland.com/local/cle-ambassadors.