The return of Garth Brooks in Cleveland
It's been 19 years since we've seen that cowboy hat live on stage.
Gather your friends in low places and get ready to listen to the thunder roll - Garth Brooks is coming to Cleveland! After nearly 20 years, the number one selling solo artist in U.S. history is making his return to the city that rocks in the first Ohio appearance on the 2015 World Tour.
Mark your calendars - Garth takes the stage at Quicken Loans Arena on Friday, October 9 and Saturday, October 10 at 7 p.m. Tickets are on sale now at www.theqarena.com/garth. Because all's fair in love and country music, every ticket is $74.98 and there is a strict limit of eight tickets per household.
Are you a Garth superfan? See if you know these five fun facts about Mr. Brooks:
1. His first name is actually Troyal, after his father. Garth is his middle name.
2. He has a bachelor's degree in advertising and a master's degree in business administration. The man's got smarts!
3. Garth sold more units than any other artist in the last two decades with 68,561,000 sold between 1991 and 2011. That's five million more than the #2 act... a little-known band called the Beatles.
4. He refuses to sing a love duet with anyone other than his wife, Trisha Yearwood. She has sung on 77 of Garth Brooks' songs.
5. The reason he's been off tour for so long? Blame it all on his roots. In 2000, the family man announced he wouldn't be touring until his youngest daughter turned 18, so he could spend more time with his clan.