The Basics: Cleveland Rock Week
Planning Your Trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction CeremonyBy: Lexi Hotchkiss, www.LexiHotchkiss.com
In 2009, Metallica performed a mind-blowing menagerie to the tune of "Train Kept A-Rollin" made popular by the Yardbirds with on-stage help from legends Ron Wood, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and Flea.
In 2012, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Slash, Ron Wood, Billie Joe Armstrong, George Clinton and Kenny Jones all hopped on stage to collectively perform "Higher Ground" by Stevie Wonder.
These once-in-a-lifetime experiences happened right here in Cleveland during the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, which comes to Cleveland every three years. And, the good news is that 2015 hits a three-year mark!
Here are the basics on planning your CLE visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony this April.
When & Where:
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 18 at Public Hall in downtown Cleveland.
But, the week leading up to the ceremony - coined "Cleveland Rock Week" - will include a number of concerts, events, exhibitions and citywide specials viewable here.
So, make sure to leave yourself PLENTY of time to hang in Cleveland.
When the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony takes place in Cleveland, it means everyone is invited to attend. Tickets are sold to the general public, which means you don't have to catch these legendary musical performances on the boob tube weeks later.
- The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
- Green Day
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
- Lou Reed
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Bill Withers
Award for Musical Excellence
- Ringo Starr
Early Influence Award
- The "5" Royales
- Paul McCartney is inducting Ringo Starr
- Stevie Wonder is inducting Bill Withers
- Patti Smith is inducting Lou Reed
- Peter Wolf is inducting the Paul Butterfield Blues Band
- Fall Out Boy is inducting Green Day
- John Mayer is inducting Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Steve Cropper is inducting the "5" Royales
- A soon-to-be-announced special guest is inducting Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
- Dave Grohl
- Joe Walsh
- Tom Morello
- John Legend
- Jimmie Vaughan
More will be announced in the coming weeks!
Get Planning Now:
- Tickets: Tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony are now sold out! For tickets to other events, check out the schedule and links here.
- Hotel Accommodations: Make your reservations now. While downtown Cleveland is incredibly walkable, hotels closest to Public Hall include the Westin Downtown Cleveland, Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center, Doubletree Cleveland Downtown-Lakeside and Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown. Make sure to view all available accommodations here.
- Flights: Plan to land at the ultra-convenient Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) located just 12 miles from downtown. Or, find lower-priced airfare through the Akron-Canton Airport (CAK), which is located within a 40-minute drive of Cleveland and offers 90 daily arrival and departure flights.
- Transportation: Want to make a rock star entrance? Then, consider a limo or car service during your stay with one of these fine fleets. If you're not feeling quite that fancy, then make sure to map your routes on the RTA. Among other things, RTA offers free trolley service throughout downtown Cleveland.
- Rock Hall: While in town for inductions, you can't miss a stop at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. Tickets can be purchased online.
Stay tuned to www.ThisIsCleveland.com for more updates throughout 2015!