Rockin’ Performance Opps
Cleveland Offers More than 40 Student Performance Opportunities
Music is at the heart and soul of Cleveland, so it’s not surprising that the region offers more than 40 student performance opportunities, music clinics and festivals for groups of all sizes.
Click here to view the full list of opportunities.
Classical Music Rocks! Group Package
Want the ultimate sampling of Cleveland’s music scene? Then look no further than the world-renowned Cleveland Orchestra and the pop culture phenomenon known as the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. These two Cleveland music institutions have teamed up to create a joint student performance opportunity unlike any other. The package, which is open to groups of 10 or more, includes:
- A live performance at Severance Hall by the Cleveland Orchestra, rated within the top 10 orchestras in the world.
- A day exploring the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s seven levels, five theaters, thousands of artifacts and numerous interactive exhibits that tell the stories of the legends of rock and the artists and bands on the charts today.
- Two stage areas available for live student performances inside the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Sample Unique Venues
Want to give your students a totally memorable experience? Check out these unique student performance venues in CLE.
- Great Lakes Science Center: At the Great Lakes Science Center, symphonic bands can perform near the winter garden atrium overlooking North Coast Harbor and the vast expanse of Lake Erie. Afterwards, it’s all about science experiments, demonstrations, and NASA artifacts.
- Greater Cleveland Aquarium: Imagine your show choir belting out a few Broadway blockbusters amid a sea of stingrays or a small orchestral ensemble playing sonnets for more than 5,000 underwater creatures. It’s all a reality at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium.
- Nighttown: Have your students’ jazz ensemble perform on the same stage as jazz artists like John Pizzarelli, McCoy Tyner, Freddy Cole, John Legend and even Stevie Wonder once did at Nighttown, rated as one of the best places to hear jazz in the country by Downbeat Magazine.
Meet the conductor, use pre-designed educational curriculum, or utilize side-by-side instruction from the experts at these unique music clinics.
- Baldwin Wallace University Outreach Program
- Cleveland Pops Orchestra
- Cleveland State University – Band, Choral and Orchestra Opportunities
- Firelands Symphony Orchestra
- The Breen Center for the Performing Arts, St. Ignatius
- The Cleveland Jazz Orchestra
- The Cleveland Orchestra
Whether adjudicated or just for fun, music festivals provide the perfect mix of student camaraderie and enjoyment that not only boost retention, but encourage hard work and motivation.
- Festivals of Music, Cleveland (April)
- Fun Me Events, Cedar Point, Sandusky (May)
- Music in the Parks, Cedar Point, Sandusky (May/June)
To learn more about all the student performance opportunities available in Cleveland, contact Jane Tougouma, group tour sales manager, at 216.875.6607 or firstname.lastname@example.org.