Rock Hall 2.0
The Rock Hall Unveils Multi-Million-Dollar Improvement Project
For more than two decades, 10 million+ visitors to Cleveland have been air guitaring their way through the ultimate homage to rock music: The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
And for good reason. This music institution, located on Cleveland’s gorgeous North Coast Harbor, offers seven levels of rock history viewable in five theaters, among thousands of artifacts and throughout a bounty of interactive exhibits. You won’t experience anything like it anywhere else.
And things are about to get even better.
In 2017, the Rock Hall unveiled its Museum 2.0 plan, a multi-million-dollar improvement project that’ll include a variety of super-cool redesigns and updates, including the following.
- Connor Theater: Thanks to a historic $9 million donation, the Rock Hall created the Connor Theater, a unique theater featuring arena-quality sound, larger-than-life video screens and fan interactivity. Visitors will watch an emotional 12-minute film by Oscar-winning filmmaker Jonathan Demme showcasing performances by Rock Hall Inductees, which was the last project Demme worked on.
- Dining: Get a taste of fare from Cleveland’s rock star chefs including Fabio Salerno, Jonathon Sawyer and Rocco Whalen at the new “All Access,” café. The new special event catering menu also now includes options from Michael Symon.
- Beer: Brand-new beer garden serving a multitude of craft brews will grace the outdoor plaza.
- Food Trucks: On-site food trucks will serve up local eats throughout the warm-weather months.
- Retail: Grab a souvenir from the updated retail store with products that are co-branded with various bands and musicians.
- Ticketing: A new ticketing system will be implemented to expedite the visitor entrance experience.
- Art: A seven-foot-tall, permanent art installation that reads “LONG LIVE ROCK” now stands in the plaza and is perfect for outdoor photo ops.
- Concerts: Keep celebrating the power of music with a free summer concert lineup ranging from a U2 tailgate to Latin music.
- New Look: The boldly redesigned atrium better reflects rock 'n' roll culture.
- Free Wi-Fi
To top off the excitement, the city will again host the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on April 14, 2018.
For more information on the Rock Hall, visit www.rockhall.com.