RING IN 2015: WHERE TO CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR IN CLE
DESTINATION CLEVELAND PROVIDES IN-DEPTH GUIDE TO NEW YEAR'S EVE HAPPENINGS IN CLE
CLEVELAND (Dec. 19, 2014) - The holiday season brings with it a seemingly endless loop of shopping, cooking, cleaning and decorating. By the time New Year's Eve (Dec. 31) rolls around, planning an epic evening out can be overwhelming. Destination Cleveland is here to help you plan your New Year's Eve celebration with a listing of parties, packages and events taking place around Cleveland below.
CLE Rocks NYE
• Now in its second year, this Downtown Cleveland event is expected to be massive with more than 20,000 people in attendance. The event will feature musical acts from born-and-bred Clevelanders like DJ E-V, opener Carlos Jones and Machine Gun Kelly, food trucks, fireworks and more. This exciting event will take place on Mall B near the FirstMerit Convention Center of Clevelandand the Global Center for Health Innovation. General admission tickets ($10) can be purchased online at www.CLENYE.com.
The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland: New Year's Eve Dinner at MUSE
• Those looking to experience luxury as they ring in the New Year can head to the culinary heavy hitter known as MUSE. Their five-course prix-fixe NYE menu, served inside their Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland location, is one that'll be sure to tickle all taste buds faster than Robin Leach can say "champagne wishes and caviar dreams."
The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland: New Year's Eve Celebration
• It's not Cleveland without a little rock, right? Partygoers can check out the no-reservations-required party happening at the Lobby Lounge on 6 inside the Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland downtown. Here, guests can tip back a few "rocktails" and enjoy a menu of light dishes as they shake-shake-shake-it-off to live music all night.
Pickwick & Frolic: New Year's Eve Comedy Packages
• A New Year's Eve dinner? A comedy show? A gala celebration? Dinner and a comedy show? Dinner and a gala celebration? Guests can take their pick at Pickwick & Frolic, located on East 4th St. in Downtown Cleveland, which will be featuring all of the above this New Year's Eve.
Wonder Bar New Year's Eve
• Ring in New Year's Eve at Wonder Bar and enjoy an imaginative champagne cocktail in addition to Wonder Bar's usual craft-brewed drafts and classic cocktail menu.
Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse New Year's Eve Dinner
• This New Year's Eve, those attending the CAVs game can enjoy an early, multi-course dinner at Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse and valet parking at the restaurant for only $8, which allows for an easy departure when the night is done.
Great Lakes Science Center: Winter Weekends
• During Winter Weekends at the Great Lakes Science Center, running Dec. 27-28 and Jan. 3-4, the family can get a fun dose of science class, design snowflakes, make fake snow and even go "carpet skating" on an indoor rink.
Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
• Get away for the holidays with a gift from the Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center. The Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center is offering a daily credit of $25 valid towards ancillary charges during your stay such as dining, parking, Internet, and in-room movies. Simply book by Jan. 1 for stays between now and Jan. 19, 2015.
Windows on the River: New Year's Eve Party
• Located in the emerging neighborhood of the Flats, Windows on the River returns again with its NYE party. Featuring an open bar, hors d'ouvres, free parking and - naturally - a champagne toast at midnight. VIP tickets include admission to the Greater Cleveland Aquarium, private VIP lounge, swag and much more. Hotel packages are available with shuttle service. Reservations required.
Nautica Queen: New Year's Eve Cruise
• Those looking for a nautical New Year's can bust out some Styx "Come Sail Away" during the New Year's Eve Cruise aboard the Nautica Queen with hors d'oeuvres, dinner, dancing and a little bubbly matched against the city skyline on Lake Erie.
The Cleveland Improv: New Year's Eve with Mike Polk Jr.
• Join Cleveland comedian, Mike Polk Jr., as he headlines the Cleveland Improv during three dinner/comedy show packages on New Year's Eve.
Lago's Old Hollywood New Year's Eve 2015 Gala
• Celebrate the New Year in glamorous, 1940s style at Lago's Old Hollywood New Year's Eve 2015 Gala at the Aloft Cleveland Downtown. Featuring live entertainment from Lauren Lanzaretta and DJ Flaco Flash, an open bar and a variety of decadent food served throughout the night, attendees will feel like true Hollywood A-listers.
Music Box Supper Club New Year's Eve
• Music Box Supper Club is offering two New Year's Eve options this year. Option one is a five-course dinner and performance from Hot Djang! featuring Ki Allen. Option two is a dance party with rockers, honeyhoney, complete with prizes for the best NYE outfit, a photo booth, food, drinks and more.
Luca New Year's Eve
• This New Year's Eve, Luca Italian Cuisine will have extended holiday hours (9pm-1am) and will be offering their full menu and performances from local swing musicians, Rick and Sharona.
University Circle Neighborhood
Cleveland Pops: New Year's Eve Concert and Dance
• The Cleveland Pops 19th Annual New Year's Eve Concert and Dance at Severance Hall in University Circle features the famous Mambo Kings who perform a blend of Latin rhythms and jazz improvisations. Guests can dust off their dancing shoes by attending salsa dance lessons that will be made available in the lobby before the show.
The Children's Museum of Cleveland: New Year's Eve Celebration
• Celebrate the coming New Year complete with noisemakers, party hats, music and games at the Children's Museum of Cleveland on Dec. 31. Countdowns to the New Year will occur at 11am, noon and 1pm.
Dante Tremont, Dante Next Door and Ginko New Year's Eve Dinner
• On New Year's Eve, Dante Tremont, Dante Next Door and Ginko will be offering deliciously-inventive, multi-course dinners throughout the evening.
Ohio City Neighborhood
Local Rock: NYE Bash at the Ohio City Masonic Temple
• Featuring local indie bands, an ultra-cool venue and plenty of drinks, this NYE holiday party is for those who are looking to have a great time in support of a good cause. All proceeds benefit the Woo Who Foundation for services provided to those affected by breast cancer.
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo: Noon Year's Eve
• Bring the kiddos to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo's annual Noon Year's Eve Party with lots of family-friendly activities, music and a ball drop at the strike of noon.
The Grog Shop: New Year's Eve
• Indie bands performing at an indie music club in Cleveland? Sounds about right. The Grog Shop's New Year's Eve bash features live music from Tropidelic, Aliver Hall, Vibe & Direct, Drunken Sunday and Broken Keys.
Nighttown New Year's Eve
• Nighttown is offering live music and dinner this New Year's Eve featuring performances from the legendary R&B vocalist, Bobby Caldwell, and trumpeter, Dominick Farinacci.
Executive Caterers of Landerhaven: Club Landerhaven NYE 2015
• Located in the east side neighborhood of Mayfield Heights, Landerhaven gets clubby during its annual party featuring a top-shelf open bar, live music, food stations and a 1am breakfast buffet.
Cleveland Airport Marriott
• Get away for the holidays with a gift from the Cleveland Airport Marriott. The Cleveland Airport Marriott hotel is offering a daily credit of $25 valid towards ancillary charges during your stay such as dining, parking, Internet, and in-room movies. Simply book by Jan. 1 for stays between now and Jan. 19, 2015.
Grand River Cellars Winery & Restaurant: New Year's Eve Celebration
• Ring in 2015 with Grand River Cellars Winery & Restaurant in Lake County for an evening of dinner, dancing, a midnight breakfast and, of course, a bottle of wine per couple.
Walleye Madness at Midnight at Port Clinton
• New York City might celebrate the New Year with a glittering ball, but the town of Port Clinton rings in the coming year with a 20-foot-tall, 600-pound fiberglass walleye. Yes, a walleye - 30 times the size of the average walleye fish - is lowered by a massive crane to the cheering townspeople below. If that's not enough, there's tons of walleye-themed fun all night long, too.
The West Woods Nature Center: Grandparents in the Park - New Year's Eve
• Grandparents looking to spend time with their grandkids can take them to the West Wood Nature Center in Chardon for an afternoon NYE celebration.
First Night Akron in Downtown Akron
• Downtown Akron hosts First Night Akron, a family-friendly and alcohol-free celebration of the arts including music, dance, theater, visual/interactive art and fireworks. Admission is $10 and children under the age of ten are free.
Destination Cleveland (formerly known as Positively Cleveland) is Cleveland's Convention and Visitors Bureau. This private non-profit organization's mission is to drive economic impact and stimulate community vitality for Greater Cleveland through leisure and business travel. Cleveland welcomes more than 16 million visitors annually. For more information, visit ThisisCleveland.com.
Jennifer Kramer, Destination Cleveland