Quintessential Summer in Cleveland
Sunsets, metroparks, baseball and live music. Yep, it’s summer in Cleveland my friends, and it's time to get your swim trunks on because before you know it we’ll be back in the Dawg Pound and hitting the slopes. Until then, get going on these quintessential summer must-dos.
Are you a local? Take the #ThisisCLE challenge for a chance to win.
- Get to the beach at Edgewater Park for a spectacular view of the city. Stay for the sunset.
- Get to the Feast of the Assumption August 13-16 in Little Italy. Bring cash and go directly to the first dessert stand you see for a cannoli.
- Attend a summer Cleveland Flea at Tyler Village. Stop for a beer at Indigo Imp. Visit theclevelandflea.com ahead of time to plan your outing.
- Pack up your bike and head to the Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath Trail. Bike until your heart’s content then hop on the train for a $3 lift back to your station.
- Go bar hopping in Ohio City. Start at Great Lakes Brewing Company with a Burning River Pale Ale.
- Pack a picnic basket and drive south to Blossom Music Center for a Cleveland Orchestra outdoor symphony under the stars.
- Experience an urban oasis at the Cleveland Botanical Garden. Stay for live music and an outdoor movie at Wade Oval Wednesdays.
- Buy a $13 district ticket at a Cleveland Indians baseball game . Enjoy your first drink free from the two story bar in right field.
- Make a stop at the Taste of Tremont and go directly to Prosperity Social Club for a cold glass of Sangria.
- Experience a free Take a Hike Tour in downtown Cleveland, then head to E. 4th Street for dinner. All the restaurants are good so choose out of a hat.
- Go to Hingetown and start with a coffee at Rising Star. Rent a Zagster bike and cruise through Ohio City.
- Take a river cruise aboard Nautica Queen, then grab a patio spot at Lago on the East Bank of the Flats.
This list is brought to you by Destination Cleveland’s Young Professional Advisory Committee.