How To Countdown To 2018 In The CLE
Destination Cleveland offers guide for the most dazzling New Year's Eve celebrations in The Land
CLEVELAND (Dec. 11, 2017) - With only two weeks left in 2017, there's no time like the present to start planning New Year's celebrations. There are plenty of events to attend in the area if Clevelanders want to forgo hosting a New Year's Eve bash of their own. From family-friendly fun to elegant dinners to hilarious comedy shows, Destination Cleveland recommends locals ring in 2018 in CLE style with happenings throughout the region.
Great Lakes Science Center: Winter Wonder Days New Year's Eve Eve
- The Great Lakes Science Center is kicking off the New Year a couple of days early with its New Year's Eve Eve festivities. As a part of its Winter Wonder Days activities, families have the chance to celebrate 2018 at 2:18 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 30, with a fruitcake explosion countdown and 2,018 balloons dropping from the top level of the Wintergarden atrium.
- 601 Erieside Ave., Cleveland
- Winter Wonder Days, Dec. 26 - Jan. 7; New Year's Eve Eve, Sat., Dec. 30, 2 p.m.
- GLSC admission can be purchased at http://tickets.greatscience.com/Info.aspx?EventID=3.
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo: Noon Year's Eve
Noon Year's Eve is the perfect way for children to ring in the New Year without having to stay up past their bedtime. Cleveland Metroparks Zoo offers a kid-friendly celebration featuring a dance party, roaming characters and a special countdown to the stroke of noon.
- 3900 Wildlife Way, Cleveland; 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Zoo admission can be purchased at clevelandmetroparks.com/zoo.
First Night Akron
- Located 45 minutes from Cleveland, Downtown Akron is hosting its annual kid-friendly, alcohol-free New Year's Eve party, First Night Akron. Attendees will be entertained with everything from ice sculptures and sleigh rides to dance parties and live music.
- Visit downtownakron.com for information on parking and event times.
Merwin's Wharf New Year's Eve Brunch
Merwin's Wharf is hosting its annual New Year's Eve Brunch for families looking for a way to celebrate the New Year with little ones. Kids will get excited about 2018 with an all-you-can-eat brunch buffet, face painting, balloon art, magic show and countdown balloon drop.
- 1785 Merwin Ave., Cleveland; 9 - 11 a.m., noon - 2 p.m., 3 - 5 p.m.
- Visit clevelandmetroparks.com/parks/visit/parks/lakefront-reservation/merwin-s-wharf to make reservations.
New Year's Eve Drawings at JACK Thistledown Racino
- JACKClub members who feel like 2018 is their lucky year can head to JACK Thistledown Racino for a chance to win $2,018. A winner will be announced every 30 minutes on December 30, and attendees can win more than once! So guests should be sure to eat plenty of sauerkraut, lentils and black-eyed peas for good luck before the drawing.
- 21501 Emery Road, North Randall; 7 - 10 p.m.
- Visit jackentertainment.com/thistledown for more information.
Cleveland Pops Orchestra: Legends of Rock-and-Roll New Year's Eve Celebration
- It's not a New Year's Eve celebration in Cleveland without rock and roll. The Cleveland Pops Orchestra rocks in the New Year with a spectacular performance at Severance Hall with featured guest artist, Connor Bogart O'Brien. After the concert, locals can slip on their dancing shoes to shimmy the night away with the No Name Band and Pops Jazz Ensemble as they countdown to midnight.
- 11001 Euclid Ave., Cleveland; 9 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Visit clevelandpops.com to purchase tickets.
Pickwick and Frolic: New Year's Eve Comedy Packages
Pickwick and Frolic's New Year's Eve extravaganza lets guests pick and choose how they want to spend the final moments of 2017 with different party packages. Guests can go for laughs with a comedy show only option, select the dinner show package to also indulge in the buffet, or party into 2018 with music and dancing (or maybe all the above).
- 2035 E. 4th St., Cleveland
- Visit pickwickandfrolic.com for packages and times.
Windows on the River: New Year's Eve Party (waiting list only)
- It's time for Clevelanders to dig out their suits and sparkly dresses for Windows on the River's annual New Year's Eve Party. Guests will be treated like VIPs with the finest drinks at the open bar, entertainment from Cleveland Music Group, photo booths and a variety of delicious hors d'ouevres. The Greater Cleveland Aquarium next door will even be open after-hours for attendees to explore.
- 2000 Sycamore St., Cleveland; 8 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Visit windowsontheriver.com to make reservations.
New Year's Eve at The Big Bang Cleveland
- The New Year is guaranteed to start with a bang at The Big Bang Cleveland's New Year's Eve Celebration. With a dueling piano show, delicious food, signature drinks and gut-busting comedy, residents will love being a part of this high-energy atmosphere. The show is based entirely on audience requests to ensure a unique experience with every performance, so guests should come with a list of their favorite tunes!
- 1163 Front Ave., Cleveland; 7 p.m. - 2 a.m.
- Visit thebigbandbar.com/locations-page/cleveland-oh to make reservations.
Nighttown New Year's Eve Spectacular
- With three iconic performers, Nighttown is sure to be the jazziest spot in the CLE this NYE. Residents can choose to bebop into the New Year with vocalist Janis Siegel, trumpet superstar Dominick Farinacci or Sammy DeLeon and the Latin Jazz Sextet.
- 12383 Cedar Road, Cleveland
- Visit nighttowncleveland.com for ticket prices and times.
Gervasi Vineyard: New Year's Eve at The Crush House
- Residents can "wine" down at the end of the year at Gervasi Vineyard's New Year's Eve feast where they'll be treated to an exquisite four-course meal with a complimentary glass of bubbly at The Crush House. Located about an hour south of Downtown Cleveland, guests can also dine at the vineyard's rustic Italian Bistro and shop for unique gifts at the Marketplace. Those who plan to party all night long will receive party favors and can dance to the DJ's tunes while watching the ball drop.
- 1700 55th St NE., Canton; 5 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Visit gervasivineyard.com to make reservations.
Lago's New Year's Eve Soirée: 007
Lago invites guests to toast to the New Year in Bond style... James Bond style. The New Year's Eve Soirée offers a night of dancing, endless cocktails (shaken not stirred, of course) and decadent food. Guests are encouraged to dress up in their swankiest tux or gown for this black-tie optional event.
- 1091 W. 10th St., Cleveland; Doors open at 7 p.m. for dinner, 10 p.m. for late night guests
- Visit lagoeastbank.com to purchase tickets.
Nautica Queen: New Year's Eve Gala
- Locals can set sail into the New Year with breathtaking views of the city skyline on the Nautica Queen at its annual New Year's Eve Gala. Attendees will enjoy an unlimited buffet, music, dancing, a free bottle of champagne per couple and festive party favors while cruising on Cleveland's waterfront.
- 1153 Main Ave., Cleveland; 8 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Visit nauticaqueen.com to make reservations.
A Vault New Year's Eve Event, Decades and Diamonds
- Diamonds last forever and so will the memories created at Vault's New Year's Eve event, Decades and Diamonds. The upscale cocktail lounge will offer attendees live music, complimentary beer and wine, delectable hors d'ouevres and a champagne toast to ensure their last memory of 2017 is one of their favorites.
- 2017 E. 9th St., Cleveland; 9 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Visit vault9cle.com to make reservations.
Music Box Supper Club: All That Glitters New Year's Eve Party
All That Glitters is gold at Music Box Supper Club this New Year's Eve. With a performance from one of Cleveland's favorite cover bands, The Sunrise Jones, locals will love dancing into the New Year with the lively playlist that encompasses every music genre. Tickets also include a $25 food and beverage credit for the concert hall's modern American eatery.
- 1148 Main Ave., Cleveland; Doors open at 7:30 p.m., show begins at 9 p.m.
- Visit musicboxcle.com to purchase tickets.
CLE Urban Winery New Year's Eve Customer Appreciation Party
- Clevelanders can raise a glass to 2018 at CLE Urban Winery's free New Year's Eve Customer Appreciation Party. To thank customers for all of their support throughout the year, the winery will be celebrating with a variety of appetizers, complimentary wine toast at midnight, a live performance from Diana Chittester and a DJ spinning tunes to keep the party going into the wee hours of 2018.
- 2180 Lee Road, Cleveland Heights; 6 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Visit cleurbanwinery.com to make reservations.
Wild Eagle Saloon: New Year's Eve Bash
Wild Eagle Saloon invites residents to its New Year's Eve Bash where they can celebrate "all of the 2017 resolutions they haven't accomplished, as well as the new resolutions they still won't accomplish in 2018." With live entertainment and a beer toast at midnight, this event is great for locals looking for a casual yet wild way to celebrate.
- 921 Huron Road, Cleveland; 9 p.m. - 2 a.m.
- Visit wildeagle.com to purchase tickets
The Cleveland Improv Comedy Club: New Year's Eve with John Henton
- Actor and comedian John Henton returns to his hometown to offer Clevelanders a night of laughs at the Cleveland Improv Comedy Club. Residents can choose between three different New Year's Eve packages including a comedy show only option, dinner and comedy show option, or champagne toast and ball drop option, which includes the comedy show and assorted appetizers to ring in the New Year.
- 1148 Main St., Cleveland
- Visit clevelandimprov.com for packages and times.
Society Lounge New Year's Eve Spectacular
- Society Lounge is offering guests an opportunity to experience an unforgettable performance from jazz crooner Phil Turk this New Year's Eve. While listening to the evening's entertainment, attendees can choose from different ticket packages which offer options like complimentary champagne, caviar and oyster service, and an open bar filled with handcrafted cocktails.
- 2063 E 4th St., Cleveland; 9 - midnight
- Visit societycleveland.com to purchase tickets.
For more holiday festivities or to learn more about new attractions and activities or Destination Cleveland, please visit thisiscleveland.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to our channels on YouTube and Pinterest.
DON'T FORGET: Destination Cleveland's Concierge Team is also available to help residents and their visiting family and friends explore the region. Contact our team through email at email@example.com, live chat at thisiscleveland.com or stop in the Cleveland Visitors Center (334 Euclid Ave., Cleveland)
Mon. - Sat., 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. to plan your adventure.
Please note, the Cleveland Visitors Center will operate under special holiday hours from Dec. 29 - Jan. 2:
- Friday, Dec. 29, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 30 - Monday, Jan. 1, closed
- Tuesday, Jan. 2, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
ABOUT DESTINATION CLEVELAND: Destination Cleveland is Cleveland's convention and visitors bureau. This private, non-profit organization's mission is to drive economic impact and stimulate community vitality for Greater Cleveland through leisure and business travel. Cleveland welcomes 18 million visitors annually. For more information, visit thisiscleveland.com.