Global Center for Health Innovation
A Focal Point for the Health Care Community
THE CLEVELAND ADVANTAGE FOR MEDICAL MEETINGS
Cleveland is a medical capital home to more than 700 biomedical companies and 60 hospitals including the Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, The MetroHealth System, and the Louis Stokes VA Medical Center. This significant medical presence makes the health care industry one of the largest employers in Northeast Ohio.
As a community thriving in health care, Cleveland is home to a network of innovative health-tech and high-tech companies located in what has been coined the "Health-Tech Corridor." This 1,600-acre region located between Downtown Cleveland and University Circle is the epicenter of a growing industry providing students, residents and visitors access to leading medical practitioners, researchers, and academic institutions.
THE FIRST FACILITY OF ITS KIND
An anchor of the Health-Tech Corridor and a catalyst for advancements and improvements in medical innovations, heath IT, education and commerce is the Global Center for Health Innovation, open since 2014. The first facility of its kind, the Global Center displays the future of health and health care throughout its four floors and showcases innovations that will improve patient outcomes and lower health care costs.
"The Global Center is the trusted forum for learning, collaboration and discovery that powers health care transformation," said Fred DeGrandis, Managing Director and Chief Administrative Officer for the Global Center. "A focal point for health care conventions, trade shows, and industry-specific meetings, the Global Center will be a beacon for engagement, connection, and inspiration to innovate health care today and in the future."
Connected to the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland, both facilities were built specifically to host health care industry conventions, trade shows, association meetings and events. Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, GE Healthcare, Forbo Flooring, and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) have hosted more than 100 significant health care industry conferences and events in the facility including the IHE North American Connectathon, Cleveland Clinic Medical Innovation Summit, and Cleveland Clinic Patient Experience Summit.
The advantage to hosting a medical meeting at the Global Center for Health Innovation or the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland is that attendees will have access to a facility populated with regional, national and internationally renowned companies presenting their innovation excellence in products, technologies and ideas related to health and health care. And within many of the tenant/partner spaces, there are small meeting settings for groups in addition to a 60 person conference center, an executive boardroom and a 10,970 square foot ballroom.
The Global Center also provides indoor access to the 600-room Hilton Cleveland Downtown offering 46,000-square-feet of meeting space and a bar located on the 32nd floor. Within walking distance of the facility are an abundance of restaurants, multiple entertainment districts and downtown attractions like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Stats: The four-story, 235,000-sq.ft. building is LEED Gold-certified.
- 11,000-square-foot, column-free Global Center ballroom with floor-to-ceiling windows, divisible into two rooms
- 9,500-sq.-ft. outdoor event space
- 8,200-sq.-ft. Atrium space, perfect for receptions, features a four-story glass wall
- Au Bon Pain café, featuring artisan breads, pastries, sandwiches, soups, salads, and entrees
- Connected to the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland via the Concourse Level
Themes: 100,000 sq. ft. of state-of-the-art space on four themed floors.
- First Floor: Health and Home
- Second Floor: People, Patients, and Caregivers
- Third Floor: Clinical Spaces
- Fourth Floor: Healthcare IT
- BioEnterprise/Team NEO, Cardinal Health, Cisco Systems, Cleveland Clinic, Forbo Flooring, DHG Center for Industry Transformation, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), Hyland (creator of OnBase), GE Healthcare, Gleeson Construction, Johnson Controls, MetroHealth, Philips Healthcare, Siemens, Smart Shape, STERIS, State of the Art Home, University Hospital
Further reading: A Brief Tour of Cleveland's Medical Meeting Spaces.