Fabulous Food Show
Events that share the words "fabulous" and "food" just have to be awesome. Admit it, your interest is piqued, too. And, if your Twitter profile includes the word "foodie," this event is up your alley.
Now in it's ninth year, the Fabulous Food Show is a massive culinary event (the nation's largest in fact) presenting more than 450 exhibiting companies; restaurants and fine food; a wine, spirits and beer tasting; live cooking presentations; food trucks; and, our favorite part, meet and greets with several celebrity chefs.
A celebration of all things culinary, the event takes place at the I-X Center located near Cleveland Hopkins International Airport Nov. 14 - 16. It draws visitors from all around the United States and Canada
There will be six different stages offering presentations by celebrity chefs and world-renown culinary professionals. Add to that, the Sugardale Bacon Feast.
Uhhh, did someone say "Bacon Feast?" Oh, yes we did. Help set a bacon-y world record, while indulging in a bevy of bacon tastings.
Who are these celeb chefs we keep talking about?
For one, Chef Michael Symon is going to be there. Not only is this guy a hometown chef, he's practically a household name with his role as an Iron Chef and co-host of ABC's The Chew. While at the show, Symon will host the "Taste of the Neighborhood" Block Party. He'll also be available for meet and greets, so be sure to bring your copy of "Live to Cook" for an autograph.
In addition, you'll get the opportunity to see the Food Network's Tyler Florence, as well as ABC's The Chew co-host Carla Hall and Cooking Channel/Telemundo star Ingrid Hoffmann.
For the locavorian in all of us, head over the Celebrate Local Roots Pavilion where you can enjoy and purchase farm-fresh products and other goodies from regional artisans.
And, if you want to add some pizzazz to your Fabulous Food Show experience, purchase tickets to the Wine, Beer & Spirits Pavilion, serving up tasting-sized portions of some incredible adult beverages with the help of the American Wine School.
Planning to visit the Fabulous Food Show? Here are some tips on visiting:
- Buy your tickets now! Local Giant Eagle supermarkets and Discount Drug Mart locations offer discount tickets. And, good news, children 12 and under are free.
- Allow yourself enough time to be immersed into the show. Event organizers recommend planning to spend 4 - 5 hours there.
- Wear comfortable shoes; the event spans 400,000 square feet of indoor space.
- Be prepared to taste all sorts of foods, try cool culinary products and purchase them on site.
- Bring your holiday gift giving list, as this is a great place to start your holiday shopping.
- Plan to attend the By Hand Fine Art & Craft Fair (included with your admission), which is happening simultaneously.
- After you buy items, use the event's Shop & Drop area free of charge.
- Separate tickets to special events may be required. Learn more at www.FabulousFoodShow.com.
- Interested in attending a demonstration by a celebrity chef? Get tickets now so that you can get the best seats in the house (tickets available on a first come, first serve basis).
- For those who'd like an autograph from one of the celeb chefs, check out the Autograph Pavilion schedule and get there early.
- If you plan to enjoy some beverages at the Wine, Beer & Spirits Pavilion, remember to have a designated driver.