Delectable Brews and Foodie Things to Do in the Cle
Destination Cleveland Helps Locals Savor the Flavors of Fall
By Jennifer Kramer
CLEVELAND (Oct. 20, 2016) - As green leaves give way to the red, yellow and orange hues of autumn, it's time for Clevelanders to indulge in the flavors of fall. To help residents embrace and enjoy the cooler temperatures ahead, Destination Cleveland offers ideas on where to find hearty meals and belly-warming microbrews.
Local Brew Tasting Tour
Northeast Ohio's local brewery scene continues to grow. From east to west and everything in between, Cleveland and its neighborhoods offer all beer lovers something to enjoy. Create a customized journey from one establishment to the next (be sure to have a designated driver!) or hop on the CLE Brew Bus to sample the finest from our local pubs.
- Great Lakes Brewing Company:
Located in Ohio City, Great
Lakes Brewing Company's Brewpub
celebrates fall with its annual distribution of Oktoberfest and Nosferatu Imperial Red Ale. Pair these frosty
beverages with roast pork loin, potato pancakes, red meats and root
vegetables. Feeling more adventurous? Try cooking with a seasonal ale.
Great Lakes features a recipe and cooking guide for its special Pork
Schnitzel dish dressed in a gravy prepared with 12 ounces of Oktoberfest. Invite
four friends over to share this delicious dish.
- 2516 Market Avenue, Cleveland
- Fat Head's Brewery & Saloon:
Grab some beer-loving friends and head to Fat Head's Brewery &
Saloon located on Cleveland's west side. Brewed in small batches, the
beer from Fat Head's is inspired by old-world tradition, yet created with
cutting edge style. Fat Head's not only caters to a wide range of palates,
but also to this special time of year with its Spooky Tooth Imperial
- 24581 Lorain Road, North Olmsted
- Cleveland Brew Bus: Have the taste
for a good brew but don't know where to start? Explore the great craft
beer scene in and around the city on Cleveland's Brew Bus tour. Choose
from ten unique tour packages such as "Brews and Brunch" or "Hidden Gems"
for you and your friends to enjoy.
- Pick-up locations vary by tour.
It's show time in Cleveland! As activities move indoors, locals can enjoy a week of beer tasting events, a weekend of cooking demonstrations from celebrity chefs, and a meet and greet from restaurant cook and journalist, Hank Shaw.
- Cleveland Beer Week: Join thousands of Clevelanders from now until Oct. 23 as they sip their way through 350 beer tasting events throughout the region. Activities include the Offshore Pour on the Nautica Queen, Ales on Rales on Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad and the Beer & Chocolate Extravaganza at Heinen's in Downtown Cleveland. Catch an Uber or reserve a room and enjoy responsibly.
- Various locations.
- Fabulous Food Show: Want to enjoy food, drink and art all in one place? The Fabulous Food Show, Nov. 11-13, features more than 450 companies and nearly 100 live presentations with unique cooking demonstrations from celebrity chefs like Buddy Valastro of TLC's "Cake Boss," Daphne Oz of ABC's "The Chew" and Cleveland's own Michael Symon. Be sure to check out the By Hand Fine Art & Craft Fair, which showcases the works of more than 200 local and nationally recognized artists and live craft demonstrations.
- 6200 Riverside Drive, Cleveland (I-X Center)
- Think and Drink with the Extinct: Looking for a place that combines science, education and an occasional happy hour? Well, the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, is the place to be. Join other natural history buffs everythird Wednesday of the month through May at the museum's "Think and Drink with the Extinct" event. Grab a drink and a bite to eat from the museum's dining destination, Exploration: A Zack Bruell Restaurant off of the Wade Oval lobby, and increase your knowledge of the natural world.
- 1 Wade Oval Drive, Cleveland
One of the best flavors to savor this fall is available for both adults and kids alike.
- Sweet Moses Soda Fountain & Treat Shop: Take a step back in time at Sweet Moses Soda Fountain & Treat Shop and try the Sweet Moses Root Beer Barrel Float. Beloved for its historical charm, classic ice cream favorites and marble-clad soda fountain with just about any flavor imaginable, Sweet Moses is the perfect place to cherish another fun-filled Cleveland season and create memories with the family.
- 6800 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland