CELEBRATE VALENTINE’S DAY IN CLE STYLE
DESTINATION CLEVELAND SUGGESTS TEN WAYS TO SHARE LOVE FOR THE CITY WITH THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE
CLEVELAND (Feb. 12, 2016) - In a city famous for sharing its passion, it shouldn't come as a surprise that opportunities abound for Clevelanders to create a Valentine's Day adventure to observe the day of love. Whether on the lookout for a romantic rendezvous or a simple way to celebrate your loved ones, Destination Cleveland offers a few, perhaps non-traditional ideas to make Feb. 14 a day to remember.
Group Date at Punch Bowl Social
• 1086 W 11th St., Cleveland, 44113, www.punchbowlsocial.com/location/cleveland
• Hours: 9 a.m. - 2:30 a.m.
• Valentine's Day is typically about the love shared with a special someone; but in Cleveland, that love can be shared with all. Gather a group of close buds at Punch Bowl Social and toast one another with local beer, spirits, or a signature punch cocktail of choice. Chat the night away and indulge in some friendly competition with a round of darts, bowling or even shuffleboard.
Pink the Rink at Wade Oval
• 10820 East Blvd., Cleveland, 44106, www.universitycircle.org
• Hours: Noon - 5 p.m.
• Price: Free
• Take a spin with family and friends around Wade Oval's ice skating rink, appropriately dyed pink for this special day. Afterward, explore University Circle and use the Pink the Rink wristband to enjoy special promotions and discounts at the surrounding cultural institutions such as Cleveland Botanical Garden, Cleveland Museum of Natural History, Cleveland History Center and The Cleveland Orchestra.
Get Smitten with Science at Great Lakes Science Center
• 601 Erieside Ave., Cleveland, 44114, www.greatscience.com
• Hours: Noon - 4 p.m.
• Price: Free
• Science lovers can celebrate in a special way by designing their own stethoscope to more closely monitor those heart throbbing, magical moments or a cupid crossbow to attract that special someone. Science lovers are also encouraged to examine the "Chemistry of Candy" show, a sweet event that shouldn't be missed.
Dog Date at Holden Arboretum
• 9550 Sperry Road, Willoughby, 44094, www.holdenarb.org/visit
• Hours: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Spend the day with that special someone and furry friends at Holden Arboretum and stroll through more than 20 miles of nature. Take these lucky pups through the obstacle course of Buckeye Bud's Adventure Woods and end the date at Holden Butterfly Garden with a majestic view of the waterfall and fountain.
o Members: Free
o Non-members: $4
o Children Ages 6-18: $2
o Children 5 & under: Free
o Canine companions: Free
Visit Paris at Coquette Patisserie
• 11607 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, 44106, www.coquettepatisserie.com
• Hours: Noon - Midnight
• Take a trip to Paris without leaving the shores of Lake Erie. Enjoy sweet or savory pastries and a glass of champagne at Coquette Patisserie, a Parisian themed café-style restaurant. While there, taste a few of many macaron flavors they offer.
Hike with your Honey in the Metroparks
• 9000 Chippewa Creek Drive, Brecksville, 44141, www.clevelandmetroparks.com
• Hike begins at 1 p.m. and ends at 2:30 p.m.
• February in Ohio doesn't stop the outdoorsy couple from enjoying what they like. Hike 2.5 miles with your honey at the Brecksville Reservation with naturalist Kelly McGinnis.
Experience Little Italy Cuisine at Guarino's
• 12309 Mayfield Road, Cleveland, 44106 www.guarinoscleveland.com
• Hours: 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
• This Little Italy restaurant is the perfect place to take a date when a round-trip to Venice just isn't in the budget. Indulge in pizza, pasta, and many other Italian favorites at Cleveland's oldest restaurant.
Valentine's Day at Horseshoe Cleveland Casino
• 100 Public Square, Cleveland, 44113, www.caesars.com/horseshoe-cleveland
• Hours: Open 24/7
• Spend Valentine's Day gambling money (not love) at Horseshoe Cleveland Casino. The high-energy casino features more than 96,000 square feet of non-stop action with 2,100 slot
machines, 65 table games and a 30-table World Series Poker room. Spending the evening here is a winning bet for the luckiest couples.
Relax at Geneva Lodge
• 4888 N Broadway, Geneva, 44041, www.thelodgeatgeneva.com
• Dinner and dancing between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m.
• Get away for Valentine's Day at Geneva-on-the-Lake. The Lodge at Geneva is offering a Valentine's Day Dinner and Dancing special that gives couples the chance to choose from a variety of delicious special menu items starting at $95 per couple.
Japanese Takeout at Noodle Cat and a Six-pack of Great Lakes
• 234 Euclid Ave. Cleveland, 44115, www.noodlecat.com
• Hours: 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
• Looking to spend a quiet night at home? No problem. Celebrate Valentine's Day the laid back way and order takeout from Jonathon Sawyer's popular Japanese-American noodle house, Noodlecat. Pick up a six-pack of your favorite Great Lakes brew and relax at home watching LeBron represent the East in the All-Star Game.
ABOUT DESTINATION CLEVELAND: Destination Cleveland is Cleveland's convention and visitors bureau. This private non-profit organization's mission is to drive economic impact and stimulate community vitality for Greater Cleveland through leisure and business travel. Cleveland welcomes nearly 17 million visitors annually. For more information, visit www.thisiscleveland.com.
Jennifer Kramer, Destination Cleveland